Thursday, September 13, 2012

Moving Up in the World

OK, OK. I know you've been missing me. I've been doing fun and not so fun things. So lets just say I've been on a blogging sabbatical.

Some exciting news. I'll be graduating COLLEGE in December! Battling the financial aid office has been awful. But the count down to graduation has begun.

With the "real world" right around the corner, I've been working the business side of my work. While I did have a website, there wasn't much beyond that. So I've been working on things.

The first of which has been the development of a logo for Erin Bee Photography. I did it myself, and it came out pretty good, if I don't say so myself. I'm not a graphic designer, and so I'm sure the logo will go through an evolution over time. But here's what it is right now.


The next thing I did was create a Facebook presence for Erin Bee Photography. So if you haven't already, go to Facebook and LIKE us! Or just click https://www.facebook.com/erinbeephoto

I've written up a client contract. I felt like not having one was leaving me open to being screwed. So I did some research and looked at other photographers contracts and came up with two pages. First page is mostly basic information. Second page outlines the fact that the images being produced are copyrighted by the photographer (that's me). Also spells out fees and cancellation policies. 

ALSO! I got myself a shnazzy card reader from Square. I hook up to my phone and open up the app and I can accept all major credit cards. Which is exciting. It takes me from being a cash run business. One step closer to being legit. 

I've got a few projects in the works, so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment