Monday, May 14, 2012

I live in a world of fantasy.

So I went and saw The Avengers last weekend with on of my best pals. It was literally the coolest movie ever made. I was left feeling totally depressed with the realization that these characters don't exist in real life.

Then I realized that in a way, they do.

As a photographer, I can recreate them, and create anything else I want. While I don't have a budget that would produce end products that I imagine, the ability is still there. I've created stories and princesses and gods with my photography.

And I'm always thinking of new ideas for projects. New stories, new characters, new versions of already created fantasy. Which is something that I think is really great. I've always felt like I was born in the wrong decade. Rosie the Riveter is my hero. The 40's were just great. The clothes were better and the men hotter. But then I think about how I wouldn't have been able to do what I've done, and what I'm going to do in the 40's.

This last semester my teacher wrote in my final critique "You seem very interested in posing strategies, costuming/dress-up, and fantasy in the work that I have seen of yours over the last 2 semesters". Maybe I just never grew up, but I love playing make believe with a camera in front of me. If I can wake up do that everyday, I'll be doing ok.

Don't forget, erinbeephotography.com







No comments:

Post a Comment